Thursday, November 7, 2013

Counting calories

Hi blog.

I did weigh in on Monday, still the same.

I have been to the gym twice this week already. One day of weight lifting, and one of pure cardio. I can already tell I am getting stronger. One great example are squats, I am just doing body weight squats, but the first time I was sore for days, I mean painfully sore, afraid to sit down. I can already do four more squats than I could two weeks ago, and I don't get nearly as sore. It is very exciting!

I thought I would post what a day of calorie counting looks like. Today was easy, nothing I made had very many ingredients. Other days are very complicated and annoying. If it is a recipe or meal I make often, I have been trying to record the calorie count somewhere.

I really hate measuring out my food, but I know I just have to do it with many things, or I can't be accurate. It is a good reminder of what a healthy portion looks like. I am good with most foods, but there are a few things that surprise me.

Toast - 100
Jam, about a teaspoon - 50
Margarine - 40
(This is not a healthy breakfast, but all I did all morning was sew, so I didn't need the energy for anything, I am also trying not to eat if I am not hungry.)

Coffee, splash of milk, packet of light cocoa - 70
Coffee, splash of milk - 10
(I looked around the internet, to figure out how many calories in a splash of 1% milk. This is close)

Can of light soup (It was Progresso Light Chicken and Cheese Enchilada, I do NOT recommend this soup) - 180
String cheese - 80

Three tortillas - 300
Fat free refriend beans - 160
Salsa - 0   Gotta love salsa
Hot sauce - 0
1/2 tomato - 13
shredded lettuce -15
Light sour cream, two tablespoons, I really love sour cream - 70

I made a cheesecake for my partner to take to his work, I licked the spoon - 100

Hot cocoa with water - 60

My total is 1248. This is a pretty low total for calories today. I am not worried though. I was not hungry, and I felt healthy all day. I know some days will be a little higher, and some a little lower. It was a boring food day. But some days are like that.

Anyways. I will post how I cook complicated recipes and figure out the calories another day this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment